|Rule:||5th Dynasty: 2446-2438 BC|
|Nomen:||Birth name: Kakai: Ra has appeared|
|Praenomen:||Throne name: Neferirkare: Beautiful is the soul Ra|
|Reign:||- He is the first king to use both a Praenomen and Nomen in a cartouche
- Papyrus found in his pyramid were written in the earliest known use of the hieratic script, a very important contribution to the study of Egyptology..
His archives reveals a very professional and organized administration.
- A decree from his reign, exempting some privileged temple personnel from paying compulsory taxes, shows that taxation was imposed on everybody as a general rule.
A decree from his reign, exempting some privileged temple personnel from paying compulsory taxes, shows that taxation was imposed on everybody as a general rule.
- Other records from Neferirkare's reign describe him as a kind and gentle ruler.
- He completed the Sun temple built by his father Userkaf
- His pyramid at Abusir was initially designed as a 6-step pyramid 52m high, but later it was extended using masonry, to the form of a typical pyramid and it reached a height of 72m.
- His pyramid complex, including his valley temple and causeway, were incorporated into the Sun temple of his son Niuserre
|Successor:||Son Shepseskare out of Khentkawes 2|